Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 5, 2014 June 9,2014 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 9, 2014
1) Call to Order: 1st Vice President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Ron Loertscher, Jerry Michlig, Marjorie Carpenter, Marie Kauffman, Trustee and 1st Vice President Scott Blume. President Randy Smith was absent. Quorum established. DPW Pat Phillips and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve May Meeting Minutes: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter motioned to accept and approve May`s meeting minutes as presented. Motion seconded by Kauffman. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve June Accts. Payable & May Treasurer`s Reports: There was a question regarding a payment due for the Colby Fire Dept. The payment is for the quarterly dues to the department. Motion by Michlig to accept and approve June accounts payable and May treasurer reports. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were six rentals to be discussed on the following dates; May 16, 17, 18, 24, 25, and June 7. All of the rentals in May were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. The June 7 rental was cleaned well enough, but helium balloons were used, which are not allowed according to the rental agreement. The board discussed and then agreed that since the renters violated part of the agreement, $50.00 should be deducted from their security deposit refund. Motion to deduct $50.00 from the June 7, rental date by Loertscher. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried. Motion to refund security deposits to the remaining renters by Larocque. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes.
7) Committee Reports: President Randy Smith and Trustee Jerry Michlig spoke with Tracy Soppa regarding the softball league accounting system. Smith and Michlig suggested to Soppa a simpler and clearer way to keep track of expenditures and revenues.
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: DPW Pat Phillips reported that two culverts were replaced. The west side lift pump was repaired. Phillips said that an electrician checked the breaker box at the ball park. The main breaker may be fixable. Trustee Jerry Michlig said that the Washington St. gate to the ball park was hanging open and suggested that it should be locked. End of report.
10) Board Business: Approve Building Permit-Jeremy Larocque. Motion to approve building
permit for Jeremy Larocque by Michlig. Seconded by Kauffman. 5 ayes. Jeremy Larocque
abstained from voting. Motion carried. Approve Liquor and Operator License Renewals.
The board reviewed liquor license renewal applications for Unity C Store, The Cubby
Hole, American Legion-Otto H Kops Post 358 and Rob`s Redwood. After reviewing and discussing the applications, the board decided to vote on all of the applications as a bundle. A motion was made by Larocque to approve all of the renewal applications (liquor and operator`s). Motion seconded by Loertscher. 5 ayes. A nay vote was submitted by Carpenter. Motion to approve all license renewals carried. Discussion/Action-New Mower for Village. Phillips stated that a mower was available for the village at Bill`s Service Center in Stratford. It is a 2007 Toro with just over 400 hours use. Bill`s will give $400.00 trade for the Yazoo mower. The cost with trade in will be $7195.00 The payment for the mower will be split 60/40 from the general account and the sewer account respectively, as the mower will be used to mow the lawn at the wastewater treatment plant for approximately 40% of the time. Phillips also reported that the head gasket in the John Deere mower was leaking. Phillips said it could be repaired for a cost of $400.00. Motion to approve purchase of Toro mower and repair of John Deere mower by Michlig. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Motion carried. Adopt Resolution-2014 CMAR. Motion to adopt Resolution 2014-02 by Loertscher. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Carried. Second Reading of Ordinance #3300.
11) Old Business: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter asked if dust control would be applied this year.
Phillips replied that he would check into purchase of calcium chloride. It will be discussed
next month`s meeting. Carpenter brought up a number of dogs in the village that have
not been registered. Clerk will send notice to the dog owners.
12) Clerk`s Report: Maldonis informed the board that DPW Pat Phillips agreed to handle any
hall rentals and pick up village mail while clerk is out of state.
13) President`s Report: None.
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting by Michlig. Seconded by Kauffman. All ayes.
Meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes