Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2015 July 13, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 13, 2015
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 6:58 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Joe Geiger, Gene Smazal, (Absent) Marjorie Carpenter, Ron Loertscher and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. Clerk Heidi Maldonis was also present.
4) Approve June Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve June meeting minutes as presented was made by Carpenter. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve July Accts. Payable & June Treasurer`s Reports: Two errors were noted on July accounts payable report. The first was a typo; the amount due was listed as $133.90, the correct amount is $133.80. The second, an invoice was mistakenly omitted from the accounts payable report, though it was in the accounts payable folder. Motion to accept and approve July accounts payable (with errors noted and corrected) and June treasurer`s reports by Loertscher. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were two rental dates to be reviewed. The first was on June 26. The cleanup and condition of the hall were satisfactory. Motion to refund entire deposit made by Loertscher. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Carried. The second date was July 11. There were a number of issues with this renter, the main issue was that the police were called to the hall because of a disturbance. The rental agreement clearly states that if the police are called during a rental, the entire refund is subject to forfeiture and future rentals may be denied. Motion to withhold entire refund made by Loertscher. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: The lift pump at Fischer St. is down. Repairs needed. The sand filter at the treatment plant needs to be looked at. The wooden deck on the pontoon for the ponds is nearly rotted out. Cost of lumber to repair is approximately $180.00. Trustee Ron Loertscher to meet with Lori Fassbender of the DNR. The float cables in the main pond at the treatment plant are rotting away. The pond will have to be drained before repairs can begin. The parts for the men`s room toilet have been ordered. The street sign at the corner of Church Street and Madison Street is broken, sign post will need to be replaced.
10) Board Business: Approve Operator`s License Eugene Landwehr. Approve Operator`s License Amber Zimmerman. Both applicants are renewals, so the board voted once on both of the applications. Motion to renew operator`s licenses for Landwehr and Zimmerman made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion Carried. Approve Building Permit Cory Heeg. Motion to approve building permit by Loertscher. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Carried. Art Shaffer-RE: Recall Election. The board recognized Shaffer. Shaffer stated that he wants Trustee Marjorie Carpenter removed from the board of trustees. Shaffer is charging that Carpenter has acted on her own in cases of perceived ordinance violations involving village residents. Shaffer said that he would proceed with the recall election petition if she is not removed. Tom Hvizdak-DNR Discussion Test Well Drilling. Tom Hvizdak and Adam Schuenemann from the DNR and Steve Faryn of the EPA discussed the drilling of monitoring wells in the village. The purpose of the wells is to determine if a community well system (not a municipal water system) would be a viable solution to some residents water issues. Hvizdak said that he would like to attend October`s regular board meeting to discuss further.
11) Old Business: President Scott Blume asked Carpenter if she had complied with village ordinance # 103 by removing from her home the cats that were exceeding the limit of pets allowed by the ordinance. Carpenter replied to Blume that it was "none of your business". Loertscher said that it is a violation and asked Carpenter if she was defying the ordinance. Carpenter did not respond to further questions.
12) Clerk`s Report: Maldonis said that the bid from Suda Plumbing to repair the hall plumbing was still valid. Motion to accept bid made by Jeremy. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried.
13) President`s Report: Blume said he noticed that the roof on the village office is in bad shape. Blume also reported that the Unity Legion Truck and Tractor pull donated to the village a total of $750.00. $250.00 for mowing the lawn by the track and a general donation of $500.00. Blume said that he ordered 9 yards of sand for the ball field.
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn regular board meeting was made by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 8:17 p.m
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes