Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2015 June 8, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2015
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Joe Geiger, Gene Smazal, Marjorie Carpenter, Ron Loertscher and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Ryan Maldonis and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve May Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve May meeting minutes as presented was made by Carpenter. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve June Accts. Payable & May Treasurer`s Reports: There was a question regarding an invoice from ProVision Partners. One invoice was not included in the amount due column total. The invoice will paid in July. Motion to accept and approve June accounts payable and May treasurer`s reports with correction noted made by Loertscher. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were two dates to review. The first was May 29. The floors were not cleaned properly, restrooms were not cleaned, the trash can liners were not replaced. Motion to refund half of the deposit made by Larocque. Motion seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried. The last date was June 6. DPW Ryan Maldonis reported that the hall was not cleaned and vacated on time per agreement terms. Maldonis stated that the outside grounds were a mess and that he cleaned the grounds. The renters did not show up to clean until after noon and were not finished until nearly 3:00 p.m. The door closer arm on the men`s restroom door was almost completely broken off. It was suggested that the entire deposit should be forfeited. Motion to keep entire deposit and refuse future rentals to this party made by Smazal. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: The ordinance committee met on May 28 to discuss ordinance #3100 relating to building permits. the committee recommended reducing the board member pay for a special meeting from $75.00 per board member present to $45.00. The committee also discussed amending the language in Section III Sub (B) (1) to allow building to proceed once an application has been submitted and the permit fee has been paid. A motion to approve both recommendations made by the ordinance committee made by Larocque. Motion seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried.
8) Recognition of Visitors: Village resident Marie Kauffman was the first to be recognized. Kauffman informed the board that the sign at the corner on Church and Madison streets has been hit twice and needs to be set correctly. Tracy Soppa was Next to be recognized. Soppa informed the board that women`s softball will take place on Thursday nights. Soppa said that there will be two softball tournaments this season. Soppa requested that additional sand be placed for the field. Village resident Bob Kauffman volunteered to level and work the field at no cost to the village. Motion by Loertscher to purchase sand for softball field. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried.
9) DPW Report: No report. DPW Ryan Maldonis submitted his resignation to the board, stating that it was effective immediately. Maldonis turned in his keys and left the meeting. Trustee Ron Loertscher said that he would contact Roger Reid to take wastewater samples.
10) Board Business: Approve Liquor & Operator`s Licenses: After reviewing all
applications, Pesident Blume asked for a motion to approve. Motion to
approve all license applications made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger.
All ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/Action- Marie Kauffman Memorial
Hall. Kauffman had recently rented the hall for a family event and informed
the board that the hall is in bad condition. Kauffman stated that food was
floor, the restrooms appear to have not been thoroughly cleaned for some
time, that the floor under the bleachers has not been cleaned. Kauffman
also said that she couldn`t find the vacuum for the hall, nails are sticking up
on the steps leading up to the stage along with other numerous issues.
Kauffman said it took 2 1/2 hours to clean for their own event. Art Shaffer-
RE: Ordinance # 103. Shaffer addressed the board stating that Trustee
Marjorie Carpenter is in violation of ordinance #103 that regulates the
number of pets allowed per household. The ordinance states that no more
than 3 pets per household allowed. Shaffer previously offered a
photograph that he says proves that Carpenter is in violation. The photo
shows three cats in the window of Carpenter`s home. Carpenter also owns
a dog, which Shaffer says puts her over the allowed limit. Shaffer called for
action against Carpenter. President Scott Blume asked Carpenter how
many cats she has. Carpenter did not respond to the question at first.
Blume asked if he and another trustee could inspect the property to verify
the number of pets she owns. Carpenter replied no. Blume said that
Carpenter would have until July 7 to comply with the ordinance.
11) Old Business: There are two lawns in the village that need mowing. Notify
owners . The plumbing issues at Memorial Hall need to be taken care of.
Suda Plumbing bid was lowest. Motion to accept Suda Plumbing bid by
Loertscher. Seconded by Larocque All ayes. Carried.
12) Clerk`s Report: Heidi Maldonis said that Tom Hvizdak of the DNR will
attend July`s board meeting to provide information regarding the drilling
of test wells in the village. The Cark Co. Emergency Management Dept.
would like to hold a presentation to inform the public about emergency
preparedness. Presentation will take place in July.
13) President`s Report: President Blume told the trustees that if an ordinance
violation is discovered in the village, board members are not to take any
action on their own.
14) Move into Closed Session per WI Statute 19.85 (c) (1). Considering
employment, promotion, compensation, or performance evaluation
of any public employee over which the governmental body has
jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Motion to move into closed session
by Carpenter. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Moved to closed session at
15) Reconvene in Open Session for the Purpose of Adjournment: Motion to
move into open session by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes.
Reconvened at 9:09 p.m.
16) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting by Larocque. Seconded by
Carpenter. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes