Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2016 August 8, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2016
1) Call to Order: President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Angela Smith, Shanna Piech, Ryan Maldonis, Gene Smazal, Brian Michlig, Josh Bauer and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Tom Smith and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve July Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve July meeting minutes as presented was made by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve August Accts. Payable & July Treasurer`s Reports: There were questions about a MARC (Mid-American Research Chemicals) invoice. Smith to look into it. Motion to approve reports with question made by Smazal. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were two rental dates to review, July 16 and July 30. Both dates were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. Motion to approve security deposit for both rentals made by A. Smith. Seconded by Smazal. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: DPW Tom Smith reported that the south side lift pump near Wolfcraft are in need of repair or replacement. The cost of rebuilding the pump is approximately $5000.00. A new pump will run about $11,000.00. Smith will pull the pump to find out whether it can be rebuilt. If not, a new pump is needed. Smith said he welded the mower deck on the John Deere mower. End of report.
10) Board Business: Discussion/Action-A. Grewe Donation for Gravel. Village resident Alan Grewe made a donation of $2000.00 toward the purchase of gravel to extend the Memorial Hall parking lot. The gravel will be laid down in September. Discussion/Action-Employee Job Descriptions. Trustee Shanna Piech presented drafts of job descriptions for all village employees to the board. The descriptions are for the DPW, Hall Custodian and Groundskeeper. Board will read through drafts and discuss at September`s regular meeting. Discussion/Action-Village Land Survey. The board discussed the possibility of having village owned land surveyed. A portion of village owned land is being farmed, so the village wants to establish definite boundaries. Discuss at next month`s meeting. Discussion/Action-Security Cameras for Village. The board discussed installing security cameras in certain areas of the village. Placement of cameras was discussed, President Scott Blume suggested inside and outside of village garage. Motion by Smazal to obtain estimates for security system. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/Action-Bids for Office Roof. The board decided to go with shingles rather than metal roofing because shingles are much less costly. The board then decided that the bid would go to Doug Rachu. Motion by Michlig to approve Rachu`s bid. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Employee Spending Limits. The current spending limit for the DPW without board approval is $500.00. The board decided to let the limit stand at the current amount for the time being. Approve Operator`s License-Felicia Rogers. Motion to approve license made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Carried.
11) Old Business: Trustee Brian Michlig asked if all the new village keys have been accounted for. DPW Smith has accounted for the keys and locks. It was suggested that a contract be drawn up for the DPW to sign regarding cost of training and certification, that states that if the DPW resigns before a designated time, that the village will be reimbursed for part or all of the cost of the training. Draft contract for next meeting. Michlig discussed the need for a ramp in front of the main entrance to memorial hall. Obtain estimates for job. The area for moving the building at the ball diamond that the Unity Truck Pull has requested to use has been staked out. Michlig said that he doesn`t want the building to be moved. Michlig suggested installing cages around the lights at the ball diamond. Michlig suggested getting street signs for East and West Clark St.
12) Clerk`s Report: Ron Bloome would like to make donation to the village. The donation would be for Memorial Hall in the name of Leo and Vivian Bloome
13) President`s Report: None
14) Enter into Closed Session per WI. Statute 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Motion to enter closed session made by Smazal. Seconded by Smith. All ayes. Time 8:39 p.m.
15) Reconvene in Open Session for the Purpose of Adjournment. Motion by Smazal to reconvene in open session. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Time 9:09 p.m.
16) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn meeting made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Adjourned at 9:09 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes