Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
1) Call to Order: President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following in attendance; Trustees Angela Smith, Shanna Piech, Ryan Maldonis, Gene Smazal, Brian Michlig, Josh Bauer and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Tom Smith was also present. Clerk Heidi Maldonis was absent.
4) Approve August meeting minutes: Item #9 requires correction to the dollar amounts listed. A new pump would cost $5,700. A rebuilt pump would cost $2,653. A motion was made to accept and approve the August meeting minutes with the corrections noted above by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. All Ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve September Accounts payable and August Treasurer’s Reports: A motion to approve the reports was made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were four rental dates to review. August 12 and August 20th were found satisfactory in their clean-ups. A motion to approve security deposit refunds for August 12 and August 20th rentals was made by Smith. Seconded by Bauer. All Ayes. Motion carried. August 26 and September 3rd were unsatisfactory in their clean-ups. A motion to decline refunds of those security deposits was made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: none.
8) Recognition of Visitors: Resident Marjorie Carpenter indicated that branches were taken from her property without permission by the DPW. She said that a Village Trustee had directed the DPW to remove the branches. She had intended to use those branches for a bon fire. She said she had spoken with President Scott Blume who indicated an apology would be given. She has not received an apology yet. She stated that was made aware in the past that a Trustee should not take matters into their own hands. DPW Tom Smith apologized for taking the branches. He made an assumption because they were by the side of the road. Trustee Brian Michlig apologized for giving this direction because they had been there for three weeks. Marjorie Carpenter accepted their apologies. President Scott Blume instructed that future matters should be brought to his attention and not acted upon by a Village Trustee.
9) DPW Report: DPW Tom Smith indicated the south lift pumps were lifted and found to be worn but are not in horrible shape. It was recommended that the Village acquire a new pump for a spare and for the float to be changed. A 5 HP pump would not work as a spare. The Village might be able to use a 7.5 HP pump of a newer type rather than a 10 HP one. Bids are to be sent. Concrete bids are still coming. Toilet lids are needed for the Memorial Hall. Estimate cost is between $38 - $82. A new toilet would cost $88. Tom will see if he can by two lids, otherwise he will try to create something to use in its place. The men’s bathroom at the Ball Diamond plugged three times. This problem had also existed last year. The baseball/softball season is over. The toilets will be drained and will be checked in the spring. A culvert in the village was previously installed incorrectly by a previous Village DPW and is causing problems for a resident. Since the Village had installed it, Tom will correct the placement.
10) Board Business: Discussion/Action – Approval for license renewal for Amber Filipiak. A motion was made to renew the license by Michlig. Seconded by Bauer. All Ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/Action – Draft documents submitted by Trustee Shanna Piech. Job Descriptions for DPW, Hall Custodian and Groundskeeper were reviewed with changes discussed. A Discipline and Termination Policy and a Disciplinary Action Information: Written Warning document was also reviewed. No changes were discussed to these documents. An Education Reimbursement Policy for the Department of Public Works was reviewed with changes discussed. A Municipality Survey to be used to solicit feedback from other municipalities who installed a municipal water system was reviewed with changes discussed. A motion was made to accept these documents with the noted changes by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. All Ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/Action – Village Land Survey. The Survey will not take place. A bill of sale for the property in question was found, which indicates if the property was not used for Village purposes for a specified amount of time the property would revert back to the previous owner. The time frame specified has lapsed and property ownership has reverted to previous owner. Discussion/Action – Security Camera’s. Tom Smith will contact Pinter and ADT for estimates. Item tabled for October’s meeting. Discussion/Action – Ball Diamond Shelter. The building is in need of repair. A motion was made to decline the request to move the shelter. 5 ayes, 1 nay. Motion carried. Discussion/Action – Exchange camera for popcorn machine. Smazal proposed the popcorn machine be used for Hall activities such as a movie night for Village youth. Smazal volunteered to lead the planning. The popcorn machine will be moved to the Memorial Hall and kept in the old clerk office. The board previously approved the purchase of a camera. Angie Smith offered to sell the camera to the Village for the price of $75. The Village will purchase the camera. Smith to bring the camera to the Clerk’s office with its box and accessories.
11) Old Business: The owner of the cold storage building has agreed to mow the North side of the building. Scott Blume and Tom Smith will meet with the owner to verify/confirm this information.
12) Clerk’s Report: President Scott Plume relayed that a resident contacted the Village Clerk about trees on their property that they feel are diseased. It was asked if they could be burned where they are. Resident was advised they could not be.
13) Presidents Report: None
14) Enter into Closed Session per WI. Statute 19.85(1)(C) considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body had jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Motion to enter closed session made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Time: 8:27 p.m.
15) Reconvene in Open Session for the purpose of Adjournment. Motion made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Time: 8:37 p.m.
16) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn meeting made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Time: 8:37 p.m.
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2016 August 8, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 19, 2016 July11, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 14, 2016 June 13, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes