Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 3, 2014 September 8, 2014 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance.
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Ron Loertscher, Marjorie Carpenter, Marie Kauffman and President Scott Blume. Trustee Jerry Michlig was absent. Quorum established. DPW Pat Phillips and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve August Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve August meeting minutes as presented was made by Carpenter. Motion seconded by Kauffman. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve September Accts. Payable & August Treasurer`s Reports: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter found an error in the accounts payable report. A motion to accept and approve the corrected accounts payable and treasurer`s reports was made by Loertscher. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were eight rental dates to review. the dates August 14, 15, 17, 24, 31 and September 7 were all found to be satisfactory in cleanups. The August 16 and 30 rentals had some problems; on the 16th the floors had started to be cleaned, but they were not finished. Helium balloons were used and the restrooms were not cleaned. The August 30 rental was also not acceptable. The floors were not scrubbed or swept, beer and milk were left behind and the grounds around the hall were not picked up. Trustee Marie Kauffman recommended refunding only half of the security deposit to the August 16 and 30 renters. Loertscher suggested withholding the entire deposit for those dates. Motion to refund half of the deposits for the above rentals by Kauffman. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried. Motion to refund entire deposit to renters on the remaining dates reviewed by Loertscher. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: Village resident Robert Burns asked the board to speak louder.
9) DPW Report: None
10) Board Business: Davy Engineering-Mark Davy. Mark Davy spoke about the upcoming
deadline for the phosphorus compliance schedule. Davy said that even if the village
were granted a variance for the allowable limit, eventually the village will have to
comply. The allowable limit is .075 mg/l. Approve Liquor License Transfer-Premises
to Premises/Art Schaffer. Motion to approve license transfer by Larocque. Seconded
by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried. Approve Operator`s Licenses-Heather Lepka and
Rena Rogers. A motion to approve both operator`s licenses was made by Larocque.
Motion seconded by Kauffman. All ayes. Motion carried.
11) Old Business: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter requested that the board allow her to attend
the League of Wisconsin Municipalities annual conference. Carpenter would attend a
single day registration on October 17, 2014. The board agreed to pay the $100.00 fee
for attendance. President Scott Blume asked how the progress of installing the new furnace in the clerk`s office was coming along. The clerk will send notices to village residents informing them of the upcoming community meeting that will address the water situation in the village.
12) Clerk`s Report: Clerk Heidi Maldonis reported that the Schiferl Family Charitable
Foundation donated $1000.00 to the Unity Memorial Hall Renovation Fund.
13) President`s Report: None
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn meeting was made by Larocque. Seconded by
Carpenter. All ayes. Meeting adjo
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes