Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 17, 2015 September 14, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2015
1) Call to Order: President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Joe Geiger, Marjorie Carpenter, Gene Smazal, Ron Loertscher and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Art Shaffer and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve August Meeting Minutes: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter presented a statement to the board before the approval of minutes. The statement, in essence read that Carpenter "made a mistake" in having too many pets in her home. Carpenter said that people have abandoned cats and kittens at her back door. Carpenter said she took in the cats because they were neglected, mistreated and abused. Carpenter also said that is trying to come into compliance with the village ordinance that limits the number of pets allowed per household. Carpenter requested that the board reconsider their decisions to levy penalties against her. A motion to accept and approve August meeting minutes as presented was made by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Carried.
5) Approve September Accts. Payable and August Treasurer`s Reports: Motion to accept and approve reports by Loertscher. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: Three rental dates were up for review. August 27, 28 and 29. All were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. Motion to approve all refunds made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: The sewer committee met to discuss the CMOM requirements, sewer pipes in the village and current sewer bill rates.
8) Recognition of Visitors: None.
9) DPW Report: DPW Art Shaffer began by discussing his attendance at the CMOM seminar. The village has until August of 2016 to devise a plan to upgrade and/or repair existing sewer pipes and laterals. The village will also need to establish a chain of command or initial contacts in case of emergency or natural disaster. An annual flushing of the village sewer system will be required. Shaffer said that the north lift pump has been repaired, though it may be a temporary fix. The south lift station has problems with too much grease, will need to be cleaned. A maintenance check is needed for all pumps. The timers for aerators in sewer ponds are not set correctly. The aerators are also not working correctly. Staub Construction of Marshfield has submitted a bid of $4,095.00 to repair aerators. A motion to accept bid made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried. Shaffer told the board that grader blades are needed. A motion to approve purchase of three grader blades made by Loertscher Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Shaffer suggested getting a bigger dumpster for the parking lot across from the hall. Shaffer said that the village shop needs a tool box. The cost is $369.00. Motion to approve purchase of tool box by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried. Shaffer also requested approval to purchase a wire feed welder for the shop. The cost is $1500.00. Motion by Loertscher to purchase welder. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried. End of report.
10) Board Business: Discussion/Action-Appoint Board Member. A nomination to appoint village resident Angela Smith to the village board of trustees was made by Larocque. The nomination was seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried. Softball League-Tracy Soppa. Soppa submitted expenses from this year`s league. Soppa will have sales and use tax amounts at next month`s meeting. Soppa stated that the concession stand is in need of some repairs. Soppa also asked if the cooler could somehow be moved closer to the concession stand. Discussion/Action-Committees. President Scott Blume appointed members to standing committees. The ordinance committee will have Larocque, Smazal and Loertscher. The finance committee will have Smith, Loertscher and Geiger. The sewer committee will have Larocque, Smazal and Geiger. Set Date for Budget Meeting. The budget meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 6 at 7:00 p.m. (That date was changed to October 2 at 7:00p.m. due to scheduling conflict.) Discussion/Action-Tire Disposal Rates. Due to the high cost for the village to dispose of tires taken to the landfill, the board discussed an increase in the fee that residents pay to dispose of their tires. The rates would be; Car/Light Truck tires $5.00 per. Semi-Tractor Tires $15.00 per. Farm Tractor 20.00. Effective immediately. Motion to accept new disposal rates by Geiger. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes Carried.
11) Old Business: The repairs needed for the roof of the north lift station will be done by the village. Will need estimates for the office and shop roofs. Suda Plumbing will begin work on the pipes in the village hall within the next two weeks. A trailer for the waste water plant was purchased for $350.00.Some of the sand that was purchased for the ball diamond earlier this year is still left over, Blume stated that he would like it to be spread out before winter.
12) Clerk`s Report: None.
13) President`s Report: Blume informed the board that Wolfcraft Manufacturing is moving out of the village. The building presumably will be put up for sale. Discuss with Colby Fire Dept. possibly reducing the village`s contracted rates in return for their use of the village fire hall.
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn meeting was made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 8:56 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes