Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 8, 2015 March 9, 2015 Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2015
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Ron Loertscher, Marjorie Carpenter and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Ryan Maldonis and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present. Trustee Jerry Michlig was absent.
4) Approve February Meeting Minutes: A motion was made by Carpenter to accept and approve February meeting minutes as presented. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve March Accts. Payable & February Treasurer`s Reports: A motion to accept and approve March accounts payable and February treasurer`s reports as presented was made by Loertscher. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: The first rental date discussed was Feb. 13. DPW Ryan Maldonis inspected the hall after the rental. Maldonis described the condition of the hall after this rental. Maldonis reported that the garbage was left, the bathrooms were not cleaned among other issues. The grounds outside the hall were in poor condition; Maldonis cleaned up 23 beer cans, 12 beer bottles and at least one tequila bottle. Maldonis recommended the deposit be forfeited. Motion by Larocque that entire deposit be forfeited. Motion seconded by Carpenter. All ayes Motion carried. The following dates were held by one renter; Feb. 1, 8, 15 and 22. All of these dates were found to be satisfactory in the cleanups. Motion by Carpenter to refund entire deposit. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: None.
8) Recognition of Visitors: None.
9) DPW Report: DPW Ryan Maldonis began his report on the subject of the Memorial Hall. Maldonis stated that the hall is not being respected by a number of renters. The hall has been left in poor to very poor condition on a number of occasions, there is also an issue with renters not having the hall cleaned and vacated on time according to the agreement. Maldonis recommended that the security deposit be increased to $500.00. The ordinance committee will meet to discuss the issue. The committee will meet on March 16. Maldonis brought up the subject of the water pipes freezing in the hall. Suda Plumbing submitted an estimate of $1725.00 for replumbing the pipes. Trustee Ron Loertscher suggested that Maldonis get an estimate from Stoiber Plumbing. Maldonis said that the dump truck was at Carey Repair having the compressor installed. Davy Engineering notified the DNR about the village`s Preliminary Facility Plan for the waste water treatment plant. End of Report.
10) Board Business: Approve Temporary Class "B" License-Unity Truck & Tractor Pull. A motion was made by Larocque to approve the license. Motion seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Carried. Frank Carey & Tom Smith-Approve Equipment Use for Truck Pull. If DPW Maldonis is not available to work the equipment for the event, someone else will have to. Clerk will check with insurance company to find out whether someone not employed by the village will be covered in case of an accident. A motion to approve the use of village equipment by the Truck & Tractor Pull made by Larocque. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Express Disposal Contract/Kurt Redfern. Redfern proposed a renewal of the contract for services. The renewal to begin on April 1, 2015. The terms proposed were a price freeze for the first two years of the contract, with a 3% per year increase the following three years. Also a fuel surcharge will be added when/if fuel prices exceed $3.25 per gallon. Loertscher motioned to renew contract. The motion was seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Motion carried.
11) Old Business: Trustee Marjorie Carpenter talked about the proposal to place local property assessments in the hands of the county, rather than local assessors. Carpenter also touched on the subject of the possible elimination of the Local Government Property Insurance Fund.
12) Clerk`s Report: Clerk Maldonis presented the board with a donation to the village made by Al and Sue Hubing. The Hubings donated an album of photographs documenting the improvements and renovations at the Memorial Hall. The album contains photos of construction and events that raised funds for the renovations. The Hubings also donated posters and news clippings regarding all of the improvements to the hall. End of report.
13) Presidents Report: None.
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting by Larocque. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 7:42 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes