Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 22, 2015 April 13, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2015
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Jeremy Larocque, Ron Loertscher, Jerry Michlig, Marjorie Carpenter and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Ryan Maldonis and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve March Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve March meeting minutes as presented was made by Carpenter. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve April Accts. Payable & March Treasurer`s Reports. An error was made in the amount due for Mid-State Truck invoice. The amount listed was 926.99, the correct total should be 557.09. Motion to approve corrected accounts payable and March treasurer`s reports made by Loertscher. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review /Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: A motion to approve all security deposits was made by Carpenter. Motion seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: The ordinance committee met to discuss hall rental security deposits. In recent months non-residential renters have left the hall in poor condition and have not lived up to the terms of their signed rental agreement. The committee recommended that the security deposit be raised to $500.00 for non-residents of the village. There was also discussion regarding two resolutions. The first opposes county property assessments. This would take the authority from local assessors. The second opposes the elimination of the Local Government Property Insurance Fund which insures municipal properties. A motion to raise hall rental security deposit to $500.00 for non-residents was made by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried. A motion to approve and accept resolutions discussed above by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Carried.
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: DPW Ryan Maldonis said he got three more estimates for the hall restroom plumbing. Maldonis stated that so far Suda Plumbing was the cheapest. Loertscher suggested checking with Stoiber Plumbing to find out whether their cost includes covering the pipes with stainless steel. Maldonis asked the board who among them has keys to the landfill. Maldonis reported that he found 18 or 20 tires that were dropped off. Maldonis said that the cost of a door opener for the village garage is $1200.00 from Security Overhead Doors. He is still waiting to hear from Badgerland for their estimate. End of Report.
10) Board Business: Approve Operator`s License-Joe Geiger. Application was not submitted. Approve Operator`s License-Jason Hardrath. Motion to approve by Michlig. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried. Approve Operator`s License-Amber Filipiak. Motion to approve by Michlig. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Motion carried. Approve Building Permit-Mike Rogers. Motion to approve by Larocque. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Motion carried. Set Date for Board of Review. The B.O.R. will be held on either May 14 or May 21. The clerk will contact village assessor to find out which date will work. The clerk will inform the board. Tom Hvizdak-DNR. Hvizdak said that the DNR will begin drilling monitoring wells next month. Hvizdak stated that there would be a total of 7 well nests. Hvizdak said beginning the week of April 21 the DNR will gather information by testing which aquifer village water comes from. Hvizdak also touched on the subject of a municipal water system. The DNR cannot supply bottled water and filtration systems indefinitely.
11) Old Business: Insurance for use of village equipment for truck and tractor pull. The clerk checked with both insurance companies the village employs. The equipment will be covered regardless who is operating. Liability may be an issue. The board agreed that they would allow the use of the equipment.
12) Clerk`s Report: Clerk Heidi Maldonis informed the board who the new trustee elects are. Maldonis sent notices of election to Joseph Geiger, Gene Smazal and Robert Burns. Clerk will administer oaths to the new trustees.
13) President`s Report: President Scott Blume reported that he attended an informational meeting in Greenwood. The meeting topic was refinancing of municipal loans. Blume also informed the board about the UW extension Western Town & Villages Meeting. End of report.
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the regular board meeting made by Larocque. Seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Adjourned at 9:23 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes