Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2016 May 9, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 9, 2016
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Angela Smith, Ryan Maldonis, Gene Smazal, Brian Michlig and Josh Bauer, President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Joe Geiger and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve April Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve April meeting minutes as presented was made by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve May Accts. Payable & April Treasurer`s Reports: A motion to accept and approve May accounts payable & April treasurer`s reports as presented was made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: Three dates were up for review; April 16, 22 and 30. The April 16 and 30 rentals were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. A motion to approve refunds to those renters was made by Smazal. Motion seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Carried. The April 22 rental was found to be very unsatisfactory in cleaning up. Aluminum cans were found in dumpster and around grounds of the hall, a toilet tank cover in the women`s restroom appeared to have been broken and was missing, the renters allowed the band to play well past 2:00 a.m., the agreement states that all day rentals are from noon until midnight. Children were unsupervised and allowed to wander on to private property, among other issues. A motion to deny entire security deposit was made by Maldonis. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried. A motion to deny future rentals to this party was made by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: None.
8) Recognition of Visitors: Village resident Shanna Miller suggested that the village look into what grants may be available to assist in the possibility of installing a municipal water system.
9) DPW Report: DPW Joe Geiger reported a dent in the village pickup box. Will obtain estimate from Frane Auto Body. There is a hole in the gas tank of John Deere mower, will repair. The eave trough at the waste water treatment plant need replacing; place ad in paper for bids. There will be an inspection of the treatment plant on May 12, this is required per USDA loan terms. The Clerk`s/Village office is in need of a new roof. Place ad in paper for bids. New motors for two exhaust fans are needed at the treatment plant. The playground equipment at the ball diamond is badly in need of repair. Estimated cost of repair is between $500.00-$1000.00 A motion to approve repairs to equipment made by Smazal. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Motion carried. The concession stand at ball diamond needs paint, also the concrete slab under the stand is heaving. Geiger is now the full time DPW, having resigned his seat on the board of trustees.
10) Board Business: Appoint Trustee to Fill Joe Geiger`s Seat. No action taken. Davy Rep. Tom Matthews. Davy Engineering representative Tom Matthews addressed the board about the phosphorus removal plan, which is due July 31, 2016. The village is seeking a variance to the current allowable discharge limit. Filtration is not a viable solution, as the cost could be up to $600,000.00, chemical treatment may be an option. Discussion of possible funding for municipal water system. Dave Newman-Unity Lions Seasonal Park Projects. Newman spoke to the board about the Lions volunteering to repair the gazebo and replant shrubbery around the gazebo and the Unity sign. Mulch is needed in these areas. The village will purchase the mulch if the Lions will apply it. New bedding needed under slide and swings. Possibly use old cow mats. Newman also approached the board about installing a "Free Library Box" at the clerk`s office. Approve Building Permit-American Legion. Motion to approve made by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Carried. Approve Building Permit-Jeremy Laroque. Motion to approve made by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Carried. Set Date for Employment Interviews. Interviews to take place on Friday, May 13, beginning at 1:00 p.m. Discussion/Action-Hall Rental Agreement. Discussion regarding adding clause to rental agreement. Complaints have been received about renters not supervising their children and allowing them to wander on to private property. Clerk will create rough draft of clause to present at next meeting. Set Date for CMOM meeting. Meeting to be held May 23 at 6:30 p.m. Approve Purchase of Equipment & Tools for Shop & WWTP. Motion to approve up to $2000.00 in purchases made by Maldonis. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Dust Control & Granite. Granite needed on west side of town. Cost is $4700.00. Dust control to be applied before truck & tractor pull. Motin to approve made by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/ Action-Televise Sewer Mains CMOM Required. Will discuss at CMOM meeting on May 23.
11) Old Business: Sewer usage ordinance. Replace deadbolts at shop and office. All padlocks to be recylindered. Something needs to be done with concrete at landfill. It was suggested that the village purchase a digital camera.
12) Clerk`s Report: None
13) President`s Report: Blume welcomed the new trustees. Will need to appoint to committees.
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. Adjourned at 9:05 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes