Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2016 January 11, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2016
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 6:59 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Angela Smith, Jeremy Larocque, Joe Geiger, Gene Smazal and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Art Shaffer and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve December Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve December meeting minutes as presented was made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve January Accts. Payable & December Treasurer`s Reports: A motion to accept and approve reports made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were 2 rental dates to review; December 19, December 31. Both rentals were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. Motion to approve refund of both deposits made by Larocque. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: The CMOM committee met to discuss the new requirements, no action was taken at this time.
8) Recognition of Visitors: Village resident Marjorie Carpenter addressed the board with complaints about DPW Art Shaffer. Among her complaints was the allegation that Shaffer was not parking the village pickup truck in the village garage at night, but parking it at his home. Carpenter also alleged that Shaffer used the pickup for his personal use, which is not true. As for parking the truck at his home, the wastewater treatment plant pumps were not working properly, since Shaffer programmed the alarm at the plant to his phone so he would be immediately informed if there was a problem, he kept the truck at his home so he would be able to respond much faster than if he had to go to the shop to get the truck and then respond. President Scott Blume was aware of the situation.
9) DPW Report: Two pumps at the treatment plant are still not operating as they should. Pumps will be replaced soon. Trustee Gene Smazal asked Shaffer if the urinal in the hall men`s restroom was still working, Shaffer replied that it was. End of report.
10) Board Business: Discussion/Action-161 N. Madison St. The board discussed the possibility of replacing the trailer that sits on that lot with a newer mobile home. A possible buyer for that property asked if the fact that there is already a trailer on the lot would allow a grandfathering of the property. The village has an ordinance requiring mobile homes to reside only in the village mobile home court. The current owner of the property says that he requested permission to replace the trailer with a newer mobile home, and a previous board of trustees along with a previous village president approved the request under certain conditions, which the owner rejected. No action was taken on this issue. Set date for Employee Reviews. The date will be either the third or fourth Friday of January. Set Date for CMOM Committee Meeting. The board agreed to Monday, January 25. Set Date for Sewer Usage Ordinance Meeting. The board agreed to hold the meeting on the same night as the CMOM meeting as there are common issues between the subjects.
11) Old Business: Village resident Charlotte Johnson sent a bill to the village requesting reimbursement for expenses due to last month`s backup in the sewer main. The board approved payment of the plumber`s bill and the cost of cleanup in the amount of $580.00. Motion to approve payment made by Smazal. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried.
12) Clerk`s Report: Clerk Heidi Maldonis asked the board if she could look into the possibility of installing stoplights at the intersection of Highway 13 and county roads P and K.
13) President`s Report: None
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes