Home Page: Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2016 December 14, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2015
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Angela Smith, Jeremy Larocque, Joe Geiger, Ron Loertscher, Gene Smazal and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Art Shaffer and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve November Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve November meeting minutes as presented was made by Loertscher. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve December Accts. Payable & November Treasurer`s Reports: Payment to B & M Technical Service will be withheld until WWTP pump failure issue is resolved. Motion to accept and approve accounts payable and treasurer`s reports made by Smith. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion Carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were two rental dates to review; December 5 and 12. Both rentals were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. Motion to refund both deposits made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: The sewer committee met in November to discuss the rewording of Ordinance #113. It was suggested that the word premise be changed to premises at the November regular board meeting. The committee decided that the wording remain as is, premise. Also discussed, amending ordinance to include that maintaining the lateral from home to village main will be the home owner`s responsibility. Motion to accept and approve committee`s suggestions and adopt amended ordinance #113-2 made by Larocque. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried.
8) Recognition of Visitors: None.
9) DPW Report: DPW Art Shaffer said that the DNR would like to hold a town meeting sometime in February. One lift pump is out and the other pump has a blown seal. A village resident had an issue with sewer backup, the blockage occurred in the village main. Jakel Plumbing was called to clean out the blockage. Jakel may also be able to repair the pumps at the WWTP. Shaffer said that he is working to set up his office at the village fire hall. Shaffer reported that most if not all of the manhole covers in the village are not code compliant, this issue will have to be addressed in the near future. There was an issue in the men`s room at Memorial Hall, the urinal was running constantly. Business owner Lorin Cliver, with whom the village shares a well, said that because of the constant run of water, he had to up the usage of salt for his water softener. Cliver requested that the village pay him half of his cost of the salt. A motion was made to approve the payment of $101.23 to Cliver by Smazal. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried.
10) Board Business: Approve Operator`s Licenses-Bethany Gosar, Diane Waldhauser. Motion to approve both licenses by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Carried. Discussion-Fire Chief Ross Rannow. Rannow answered questions put to him by the board regarding the village`s agreement with Colby-Abbotsford fire department after the Unity fire department was dissolved. The village pays a flat fee of $8000.00 annually and 2% dues in exchange for fire inspections, etc. The village agreed to house the department`s equipment. Rannow was asked if there was a contract drawn up for the use of the fire hall. Rannow said there is no contract, and the village has the right to have the equipment removed. Rannow said that the antique trucks, which are only used for parades could be moved. Rannow stated that he would try to find a place to move them. Blume asked when the consolidation of Colby, Abbotsford and Dorchester departments would happen. Rannow said it will be in 2017. Set Date for Caucus. Caucus for spring election will be Monday, January 18, at 7:00 p.m. Approve Mobile Home Court License. A motion to approve general license to operate a mobile home court was made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Motion carried. Discussion/Action-161 N Madison St/Grandfather Clause. The board was asked if a newer mobile home could be set up on the lot which has a trailer house already set up. The current owner of the lot is willing to sell the lot. The parcel measures 25` wide by 50` deep, too small for a house to be built on. No decision was made. The issue will be revisited. Set Date for Employment Reviews. The clerk will send out employment evaluation sheets to the board. The reviews will be conducted in January. The exact date to be determined. Discussion/Action-CMOM. The board discussed several areas of CMOM (Capacity, Management, Operations & Maintenance) that the village will have to comply with. DNR rep, Lori Fassbender has outlined some of the things the village will have to do to comply with CMOM requirements. The village is outdated in many ways. Televising all the sewer mains will be required every four years, among other things. The board will discuss CMOM every month to ensure compliance by the August 2016 deadline. Larocque suggested forming a CMOM committee. The entire board will comprise the committee. A CMOM committee meeting will be held on December 21, 2015 at 7:00p.m.
11) Old Business: The subject of B & M Technical Services was brought up. Shaffer was asked if the situation was resolved, Shaffer said no.
12) Clerk`s Report: None
13) President`s Report: President Scott Blume notified the board that Trustee Marjorie Carpenter has resigned her seat on the Board of Trustees as of November 13, 2015.
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting made by Larocque. Seconded by Geiger. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 8:28 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes