Home Page: Meeting Minutes
July 14, 2016 June 13, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNTY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2016
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees , Angela Smith, Ryan Maldonis, Gene Smazal, Brian Michlig, Josh Bauer and President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Joe Geiger and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve May Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve May meeting minutes as presented was made by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve June Accounts Payable & May Treasurer`s Reports: The amount listed for Commercial Testing Lab, $223.00, was incorrect. The actual amount due should have been recorded at $270.00. Motion to accept accounts payable and treasurer`s reports with correction made by Smazal. Seconded by Smith. All ayes. Carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds. There were three rental dates to review. The first date was May 28, there were several issues with this rental. Music was playing long after the midnight deadline stated in the signed rental agreement. Garbage was left behind, among other things. A motion to deny entire security deposit was made by Smith. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Motion to deny carried. The remaining dates, May 14 and June 11, were found to be satisfactory in their clean ups. Motion to refund security deposits for both rentals made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: A meeting to discuss the new CMOM requirements was held on May 23. Lori Fassbender of the DNR attended the meeting to answer and clear up questions regarding the new requirements.
8) Recognition of Visitors: Village resident Cindy Hardrath addressed the issue of a possible municipal water system. DNR to test monitoring wells in the next week or two.
9) DPW Report: Village DPW Joe Geiger began with the suggestion of buying a digital camera . The main entry to the hall (south east entrance) is in need of repair. The concrete and ramp leading to the door need to be replaced. Geiger plans to begin flushing out sewer mains in July. Geiger said that he would like to leave the landfill open until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Semi-truck trailers parking to the north of the Memorial Hall parking lot are leaving ruts in the grass. The area actually belongs to the railroad. The Unity Legion Truck & Tractor Pull will move the open building at ball diamond to use as a beer tent. Position will be staked out before move so the board can see and approve location. Geiger requested that the village obtain a debit card to be used for store and online purchases. Request for debit card and purchase of camera tabled until July`s meeting. The backhoe needs new blades. End of report.
10) Board Business: Approve Liquor & Operator`s License Renewals. A motion to approve operator license renewals made by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Carried. A motion to approve a temporary (picnic) license for a benefit for resident Frank Makovec on July 30 was made by Smith. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried. A motion to approve liquor and cigarette licenses made by Michlig. Seconded by Smazal. Four ayes and one abstention. Trustee Angela Smith abstained. Motion carried. Resolution-Approve 2016 CMAR. Table until July`s meeting. Discussion/Action-161 N. Madison St. Mobile Home. A variance to mobile home parking ordinance was granted to the owner of the property by a previous board of trustees with certain conditions. The board agreed that a newer mobile home could be placed on that property. The conditions include; mobile home must have a fair market value of at least $8000.00, a foundation of concrete strips, and a deadline of one year of permit issue to completion. Motion to approve made by Smith. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Discussion/Action-Hall Rental Agreement. An amendment concerning unsupervised children at events held at the hall was discussed. The amendment would allow for denial of security deposit refund for renters who allow children to roam outside the grounds of Memorial Hall. Complaints have been received regarding children going on to private property without permission. A motion to approve the amendment to agreement made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Bids for Office Roof, Site Restoration. Two bids were submitted, but the board would like more for comparison. Village will call for estimates, wait for more bids. No action taken at this time. Set Up Committees. Ordinance Committee; Angela Smith will chair, Josh Bauer and Gene Smazal will also sit on ordinance committee. Finance Committee; Gene Smazal will chair, Brian Michlig and Ryan Maldonis will make up the rest of finance committee. Sewer Committee; Ryan Maldonis will chair, Josh Bauer and Angela Smith make up the rest of sewer committee.
11) Old Business: None
12) Clerk`s Report: Clerk Heidi Maldonis received a copy of a quit claim deed from Village Acres Mobile Home Court to the Village of Unity for 300 Fischer St. indicating that the care and maintenance of 300 Fischer St. is the responsibility of the village. End of report.
13) President`s Report: None
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn meeting made by Smith. Seconded by Smazal. All ayes. Adjourned at 8:23 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes