Home Page: Meeting Minutes
February 7, 2014 January 13, 2014 Regular Mtg. Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 13, 2014
1) Call to Order: President Randy Smith called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Scott Blume, Jeremy Larocque, Ron Loertscher, Jerry Michlig, Marjorie Carpenter, Marie Kauffman and President Randy Smith. Quorum established. DPW Pat Phillips and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present.
4) Approve December Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve December meeting minutes as presented was made by Carpenter. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve January Accts. Payable & December Treasurer`s Reports: A motion to accept and approve January accounts payable and December treasurer reports as presented was made by Larocque. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were six rental dates to review. The first was December 15. The cleanup was successful. The next four dates belong to one rental party. All of those rentals were found to be satisfactory in their cleanups. The final date was January 5. It was also found to be satisfactory. Motion to approve all of the above rentals for security deposit refunds by Larocque. Seconded by Blume. All ayes.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: DPW Pat Phillips reported that the starter on the road grader and the fuel pump on the pickup truck need to be replaced. Trustee Jeremy Larocque asked if the work that needs to be done on the recently purchased dump truck box was completed. Phillips replied that it was not. End of report.
10) Board Business: Approve Mobile Home Court Operating License. Motion to approve and grant license by Blume. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Carried. Discussion-Results of Residents Opinion Poll-Chickens. President Randy Smith said that the survey netted 43 responses. Of those 43 responses, Smith calculated that 73% voted no. Smith read some of the comments included on the survey responses aloud. There seemed to be good arguments for both sides, but the majority spoke. For the time being, there will be no chickens allowed within village limits. Discussion-Ordinance #103/Providing for the Regulation of Animals in the Village of Unity, Clark and Marathon Counties. Smith stated that the ordinance (which does not allow chickens in village limits) is outdated and should be reviewed. Smith stated that some other ordinances should also come under review. Trustee Jerry Michlig suggested going through the ordinances from oldest to newest to update or possibly eliminate obsolete ordinances. The first five ordinances will be reviewed at February`s regular meeting.
11) Old Business: Trustee Jerry Michlig asked about outstanding bills for services. Clerk will resend invoices to non-payers. Trustee Jeremy Larocque asked Phillips if there would be a skating rink this year. Phillips replied that the snow we`ve had this year has kept him busy keeping the roads open.
12) Clerk`s Report: Maldonis went back to the chicken issue in her report. Village resident Kenny Kasper phoned from Texas (where he spends the winter months) to offer his suggestion regarding the keeping of chickens in the village. Kasper suggested that residents be allowed to keep chickens; as long as they were kept inside the owner`s house. End of report.
13) President`s Report: None
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Blume. Seconded by Larocque. All ayes. Adjourned at 7:32 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes