Home Page: Meeting Minutes
February 3, 2015 November 10, 2014 Regular Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2014
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Ron Loertscher, Jerry Michlig, Marjorie Carpenter, President Scott Blume. Quorum established. Clerk Heidi Maldonis was also present. Trustee Jeremy Larocque was absent.
4) Approve October Meeting Minutes: Motion to accept and approve October meeting minutes by Michlig. Motion seconded by Loertscher. 3 ayes, 1 opposed. Motion carried.
5) Approve November Accts. Payable & October Treasurer`s Reports: A question about an invoice from Mid-American Research Chemical (MARC). The question was in regard to an ice melt purchase and the high cost of shipping. Motion to approve November accounts payable and October treasurer`s reports by Loertscher. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: There were five rental dates to review. October 19, 26, and November 1, 2, 9. All five rentals were successful in their cleanups. Motion to approve security deposit refunds for all of the above dates made by Carpenter. Seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: Village Trustee Ron Loertscher has taken over some of the village wastewater duties since Pat Phillips resigned, such as the daily readings, taking certain samples that don`t need certification. Former DPW Ryan Maldonis has agreed to take care of snow plowing and other miscellaneous duties until the position has been filled permanently.
10) Board Business: Discussion-DPW Position. So far, there has not been a big response to the help wanted ad; only one application has been returned, two that were given out are still pending. The board agreed that a deadline for submittal of applications should be placed in the ad, the deadline will be December 1, 2014. The board will hold a special meeting on December 3 to review applications. Interviews with applicants will take place on Friday, December 5. Discussion/Action-Vacant Trustee Seats. Trustee Marie Kauffman submitted her resignation from the board on October 21, 2014, leaving a vacancy. Trustee Jerry Michlig motioned that the seats stay vacant until the spring election. That motion was seconded by Carpenter. All ayes. Motion carried.
11) Old Business: Trustee Ron Loertscher informed the board that a manhole used for taking samples at the treatment plant is six feet above ground and can be somewhat dangerous to climb, particularly in the winter. Loertscher suggested that steps and a landing could be built, making it safer to grab samples. In other business, Trustee Marjorie Carpenter attended a League of WI. Municipalities conference. Carpenter discussed the conference and the topics featured. Carpenter stated that she heard Gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke speak, and had lunch with the Mayor of Appleton and other officials. Loertscher asked if the utility bills at the fire hall were reimbursed to the village; the reply was no. The village pays the utilities for the building.
12) Clerk`s Report: None
13) President`s Report: None
14) Adjournment: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Michlig. The motion was seconded by Loertscher. All ayes. Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
August 18, 2017 July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2017 June 12, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes