Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 8, 2017
1) Call to Order: Village President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Trustees Shanna Piech, Ryan Maldonis, Brian Michlig and Josh Bauer. President Scott Blume. Quorum established. DPW Jerry Zahn and Clerk Heidi Maldonis were also present. Trustee Gene Smazal was absent.
4) Approve April Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve April`s meeting minutes with the correction of roll call. The typed minutes from the April 10, 2017 meeting stated that Trustee Gene Smazal was present at the meeting, Smazal was absent, though the hand written minutes taken at the meeting recorded Smazal as absent. The typed April 10 meeting minutes have since been amended. The motion to accept and approve corrected minutes made by Michlig. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve May Accts. Payable & April Treasurer`s Reports: An invoice from TJ`s Tires included sales tax for a total of $79.13. The amount to be paid will be $75.00, less $4.13 for sales tax. A motion to accept and approve May accounts payable with correction made by Bauer. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: One rental date was reviewed, April 29. The cleanup was found to be satisfactory. Motion to refund security deposit made by Michlig. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Motion carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: DPW Jerry Zahn obtained estimates for the purchase of granite, will need approximately 36 yards or 14 total loads for village streets and mobile home court. The village will also need more granite to complete parking lot at Memorial Hall. Village resident Ken Collopy offered to volunteer his own equipment time to level the parking lot. Zahn has also obtained estimates for the purchase of a dump truck and new lawn mower for the village. Zahn reported that non-allowable items have been found at the landfill. The landfill will now be opened by appointment only.
10) Board Business: Approve Operator`s License-N. Carey. A motion to approve license made by Michlig. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Carried. Approve Building Permit-H. Blazel. Motion to approve made by Maldonis. Seconded by Bauer. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Approve Land Use Contract. A motion to approve contract between the Village of Unity and Brooks Outdoor Sales for the use of village land made by Michlig. Seconded by Piech. All ayes. Motion carried. Adopt Resolution-Marathon Co. Hazard Plan. The board moved to pass Resolution 2017-01, adopting Marathon Co. Hazard Mitigation Plan. Motion by Maldonis. Second by Bauer. All ayes. Carried. Discussion/Action-Landfill Hours. As stated above in the DPW report, the landfill will be open by appointment only.
11) Old Business: Estimates for concrete at Memorial Hall main entry way. Flag pole bracket for hall. Trustee Shanna Piech omitted last line from Employee Education/Training Reimbursement Agreement. Monthly maintenance logs for village equipment will be kept. North lift station needs new shingles and new door.
12) Clerk`s Report: Board of Review date set for Thursday, May 25, 2017.
13) President`s Report: Form C financial report.
14) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn regular meeting made by Bauer. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Adjourned at 8:50 p.m.
July 4, 2017 May 8, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2016 August 8, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 19, 2016 July11, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes