Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
VILLAGE OF UNITY
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 13, 2017
1) Call to Order: President Scott Blume called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2) Pledge of Allegiance
3) Roll Call/Establish Quorum: Roll call was taken with the following members in attendance; Shanna Piech, Ryan Maldonis, Gene Smazal, Brian Michlig and Josh Bauer. Angela Smith was absent. Quorum established. Clerk Heidi Maldonis was absent.
4) Approve February Meeting Minutes: A motion to accept and approve February meeting minutes as presented was made by Maldonis. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
5) Approve March Accts. Payable & February Treasurer`s Reports: An invoice from Frontier in the amount of $67.16 not included in trustee meeting packets, but was included in accounts payable folder, bringing total amount due to $3289.47. Motion to approve accounts payable and treasurer`s reports made by Smazal. Seconded by Michlig. All ayes. Motion carried.
6) Review/Approve Hall Security Deposit Refunds: In absence of forms, the board decided to approve in lieu of reports since there was no mention of any issues. Motion made by Smazal. Seconded by Piech. All ayes. Carried.
7) Committee Reports: None
8) Recognition of Visitors: None
9) DPW Report: Trustee Ryan Maldonis submitted this report; DNR reports have changed. John Deere mower had a flat, will be repaired. Recommended purchasing two new tires at a cost of $90.00 per. Board agreed to purchase. Go to R & R Auto. WWTP notification (calls contact) disabled by Maldonis.
10) Board Business: Discussion/Action-Dump Truck Purchase. Question raised by village resident Frank Carey, does village need such a big truck. Maldonis felt that a large truck is needed due to a lack of storage space. President Scott Blume asked if it would be worthwhile to replace the box with a different one. Maldonis said he felt it would diminish the value of what remained of the truck. Keep searching for something to buy, if needed try to make it through the winter with current truck. Discussion/Action-Lawn Mower Purchase. Trustee Josh Bauer brought info on a Simplicity mower. Maldonis spoke with groundskeeper Don Schnabel and they felt that a zero turn mower may not be the best option. Discussed the purchase of a compact tractor or utility tractor with attachments for multi-purpose use. Discussed preference for a diesel mower, as the village has diesel fuel on hand. Everyone was encouraged to bring in estimates for this type of equipment. Frank Carey-Village equipment for Truck Pull. Carey requested permission to use village equipment at annual truck & tractor pull. The Village has granted permission in previous years. Carey asked if there could be a liability issue if he ran the equipment in case the DPW wasn`t available. Blume will speak with clerk regarding insurance liability. Maldonis recommended that the person returning equipment to garage have a CDL license. Truck pull to be held on August 27,2017. Blume stated that will be figured out before April regular meeting. Discussed receiving lawn mowing payment in April. A payment of $250.00 was made to the village last year. Discussion-Employment Applications (DPW). Three applications have been submitted so far. Interviews will take place in a couple of weeks. Board Discussed scheduling interview times so entire board can attend.
11) Old Business: Next month`s agenda, committees.
12) Clerk`s Report: None
13) President`s Report: None
14) Enter into Closed Session Per WI Statute 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation, or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Entered closed session at 8:14 p.m.
15) Move into Open Session for the Purpose of Adjournment: Motion to enter open session made by Maldonis. Seconded by Smazal. Entered open session at 8:46 p.m.
16) Adjournment: Motion to adjourn meeting made by Smazal. Seconded by Maldonis. All ayes. Adjourned at 8:46 p.m.
May 10, 2017 April 10, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2017 March 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2017 February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2017 January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2017 November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 20, 2016 September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
October 7, 2016 August 8, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
August 19, 2016 July11, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes
July 14, 2016 June 13, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes